🥒 Let’s make some delicious crunchy pickles!
This year we grew the Hoss National Pickling Cucumbers. For good crunchy pickles you'll want to grow a pickling cucumber. These turned out excellent and we are able to preserve food from the garden to keep enjoying all year.
Here is my favorite, super simple recipe for making crispy kosher dill pickles!
-Start with sterilized jars. We love to use mason jars or reuse jars.
1/4 cup Ball Kosher Dill Pickle Mix or another mix
1 cup white vinegar
2 cups water
8 medium sized cucumbers
1) Cut cucumbers (washed) into spears or sliced into chips
2) Pack cucumbers into jars
3) Mix pickle mix, vinegar, and water in a pot
4) Bring mixture to boil and dissolve fully
5) Let mixture cool slightly while mixing
6) Pour pickle juice mixture into the jars, over the cucumbers
7) Allow to cool lightly and clean the jar rims
8) Add flats and rings and tighten
10) Your pickles are ready to eat in 24 hours and good for 6+ months in the refrigerator!